The certification process
- You can easily apply for a certification through our customer portal. If you do not have a login select “New customer” and create an account.
- In order to ensure that you meet the requirements, you will complete an extensive questionnaire (a Client Declaration form).
- We perform an assessment and follow up on the replies in the form and request that you supplement them as necessary.
- You affirm the accuracy of your answers formally through an authorised company signatory.
- We issue a certificate which is valid for three years.
- During the period of validity, we make conduct spot checks to ensure that you continue to fulfil the requirements of the norm.
Requirements for Cyber Security BASIC
– according to issue SSF 1101
The applicant must be a legal person and the company’s client declaration must be signed by an authorised company signatory.
Examples of various requirements
- Strong passwords for user accounts on computers and mobile units.
- Activated encryption of storage space on computers and mobile units where possible.
- Back-up copying of information to the extent determined by the operation.
- Software to protect against malicious code on all computers and mobile units which may be connected to external networks.
- Decisions regarding, and the extent to which, personal equipment may be used in the organisation.
- One or more network units with firewall functionality installed between the company’s internal and external networks.
- Encrypted wireless networks which are protected by a secured protocol and strong password or certificate.
- Legally binding agreements between you and relevant providers when you use external IT services and cloud services.
- New password implemented immediately upon suspicion that the password has become known to someone other than the user.
- Security Training for Users.
- See all requirements in the document: Summary and Definitions – Cyber Security BASIC.
Cyber‑attacks know no borders and
no one is immune.
Advantages of this certification
- The certification shows that your business is in control of IT security and take information security seriously.
- The certification provides solid protection against the most common types of cyber threats.
- The certification certifies that your personnel have undergone basic information security training.
- The certification shows that you have the conditions for protecting personal data in accordance with the GDPR.
Why choose SBSC?
- We are one of the few certification bodies worldwide that offer this type of certificate for SMEs.
- SBSC’s certificates and certification marks have high market value and a high degree of recognition both in the industry as well as with end customers and requirements makers and strengthen confidence in your company.
- We offer the possibility to present your company with text and logo in connection with the certificate on our website.
- SBSC is Sweden’s leading certification body within fire safety and security. A certification shows your customers that you meet all the requirements in relevant standards.