Requirements for Alarm Receiving Centres
– according to edition EN 50518
In order to be certified in accordance with EN 50518, you must be able to demonstrate that you fulfil the requirements of the standard. Since the evidentiary requirements are stringent, there is a requirement of documentation such as, for example, certificates for component parts such as doors, windows and locks as well as drawings and photographs of the designs.
Examples of other requirements
- Current risk assessment which covers all risks associated with the alarm receiving centre.
- Physical robustness and alarms installed in accordance with the specified requirements.
- Implemented measurement methods which show that the performance of alarm handling meets minimum requirements.
- Established testing of equipment carried out daily and weekly.
- Continuity plan for reduced operation.
- Security screened, vetted and well-trained personnel who work according to clear instructions.
For end-customers, the grant of a certificate provides an extra assurance that the alarm receiving centre maintains the quality and security necessary in order to ensure that alarms are processed and handled properly.
Advantages of an SBSC-certification
- SBSC is Sweden’s leading certification body within fire and security. An SBSC certification shows your customers that you meet all the requirements in relevant standards.
- The certification demonstrates to standards authorities and end-customers that you comply with the requirements of the norm.
- The certification shows that you possess the quality required with respect to organisation, personnel and operations.
- The certification demonstrates to the buyer that you employ methods to ensure agreed delivery.
- The certification is an affirmation that an independent certification body regularly checks the company, your personnel, your services, and your management systems which boosts confidence in the operation.
- SBSC’s certificates and certification marks have high market value and a high degree of recognition both in the industry as well as with end customers and requirements makers and strengthen confidence in your organization.
- SBSC’s certificates provides access to the entire European market.
- SBSC offers the possibility to present your company with text and logo as well as a picture of your certified products in connection with the certificate on our website.